November 23, 2019 | 9 AM - 5 PM
November 24, 2019 | 9 AM - 1 PM
University of Illinois-Chicago901 West Roosevelt Rd.
Chicago, Ill. 60608
Major League Hitting Clinics is proud to present our 2019 Chicago Clinic! This exclusive event is the first interactive coach’s clinic with today’s top hitting minds in baseball and softball. John Mallee, hitting Coach of the 2016 World Series Champion Chicago Cubs, will moderate all speaker panels.
Never before has a clinic given attendees the chance to hands on experience with the top equipment and technology used in the game today and be able to discuss with clinicians how they use these tools. You will be shown how to best utilize what tools interest you for your specific needs in player and team development.
As an exclusive attendee, you will:
- Receive hands-on learning about the latest tools you need for successful player and team development.
- Get time to work with and discuss hitting with our speakers in the cages instead of just taking notes and video and trying to remember how to accomplish what was talked about.
- Experience live cage time with vendors and instructors alike.
- Have dedicated time for question and answer sessions in addition to your time in the cages.
Some of the topics presented will include but will not be limited to:
- Using Biomechanical Data to Create Individualized- Hitting Plans
- Practical Applications of Individualized Hitting Plans
- Pitch Recognition and in the Box Vision Plan
- Practice Design
- No Limitations- Making Sense Out Of Hitting Twitter
- Slow motion video analysis 1000 frames a second
- Using Data and Technology to Coach Hitters
- Coaching Hitters In-Season vs. Off -season
- Bridging the Concepts of the Baseball Swing and the Softball Swing
The clinic format will be unique and is designed to be an interactive camp & limited to a select group of Vendors. Clinicians and Vendors will be available thru-out the clinic with designated times in-between session. The cages will be set up for instructor and vendor demos. There will also be a clinician question and answer 50 min session where all instructors will be available to answer your questions and demo their drills, etc.
This format is unlike any other clinic you have attended.
Located inside UIC’s Physical Education Building, the Indoor Turf Training Facility provides training space on a year-round basis. This state-of-the-art resource allows student-athletes to dedicate themselves to improving all aspects of their performance on the playing field. The space features a full-size infield, synthetic turf surface, indoor batting cages, pitching mounds and more.